Stop Burden On Society
Head & neck injuries and their various physical damages to the brain, spine and soft tissue are followed by various associated disorders. Victims go from being contributing members of society to being passive members and of great cost to society.
- 5-10% are disabled with chronic conditions in whiplash and 10-15% in sports concussion.
- 54% cannot take care of themselves financially, and receive social welfare if such exists.
- A fourth of people with only 5-8% diagnosed permanent injuries are disabled and can’t work.
- Whiplash is a multi-billion-dollar burden to society in costs and loss of income taxes.
- The cost of associated disorders far outweighs the costs of the injury itself.
“It is a human right to get correct physical diagnosis, effective therapy and a structured treatment plan. Head and neck injuries should never be left undiagnosed, no matter how small they are. It all adds up over a lifetime”Marianne Sandberg, Founder WHIPCON